Saturday, May 7, 2011

Registry

Since we are already living together (not in sin, technically), Alex and I have a lot of the basics. We've registered for some things we really need or really want (Le Creuset... swoooonnn.) but, against the advice of every wedding expert out there, didn't give too much (although we sort of tried...) of a monetary range of registry items because, let's be honest, no one wants to buy us a brand-spankin'-new toilet brush and, as I said, we have as much of the basics that can be stuffed into our dime-sized apartment.

This may be a teensy but cliche, but really we want your presence at this event rather than your presents. (You better believe that pun was intended.) A CD of your latest work, a hand drawn picture, a single piece of Deruta pottery (okay, hint hint hinttttt)... You don't need to stay in the registry box. But, as I said, the registry was very carefully made (Well, not at first... we went to a "Sip and Spend-Other-People's-Money" party at Macy's and came back having chosen such essentials as $100 coasters. We had to go back and redo.) and anything on it we promise to love and cherish for at least 11 years. Maybe even our whole lives (Did I mention Le Creuset?).

Point is, don't feel bound by the registry guidelines. We're hip, cool and think outside the wedding box and we encourage our guests to do the same.

Cheers!

Elena (& Alex)

PS: Our names for our registries are:

Elena Wilson & Alexander Zuyok (Funny story... I bought my dress under my maiden name because it just felt like I should... and then I bought this dress bag when I was picking up the dress with my "Elena Zuyok" credit card. Confusion ensued.)

Oh right... the places we're registered:

Macy's, mostly. (And seriously it was because we were tricked into going there for free champagne and ended up just having sparkling grape juice AND we got one of three 20-year-old scanner-thingies instead of the nice new ones because I was wearing heels walking all the way downtown and we were late. I did win a cookbook, though.

And... Honeyfund... which basically means money towards what's going to be our very, very, very late honeymoon to Greece (that sunny place we met!) and beyond. Our wedding account will turn into our saving-for-the-honeymoon account post-wedding. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment